32,xxx KMs (Serviced at 30,000KMs)
I have ridden “Sports Tourers” for the last 17yrs, Yamaha FJR1300 to be exact. IMHO one of the best bikes ever made.
This is my 3rd FJR (2 in Australia) and with changes the Generation 2 brought was subtle but good. Improved heat dissipation for one.
The FJR set the standard for Sport Tourers and they live up to their name. Fun in the twisties, and ready for those long-haul days. Excellent range with the big 25 liter tank and 400+ kilometers easily achieved.
Genuine Reason For Sale
Why am I selling it ?
Long story short, this time last year I was preparing for a trip on my Kawasaki GTR 1400, yes, the FJRs clone. But days before we were due to set off, an accessory caused a fire. The main loom was toast. I was not hopeful of resurrecting it.
Had to wait for a replacement loom from Japan, and it was riding season. After 8yrs trying to find a good, legit FJR a friend put mine put me onto 1 in Bangkok. I bought it. I have used the FJR for several trips until now and it’s just a great bike.
Roll forward nearly 9 months and the loom finally arrived and I went about bringing the GTR it back to life. To my surprise after 3 long days, it started. I have since been on a few trips and it runs perfectly.
What bike to keep. Having been able to ride both for a few thousand kms consecutively, there is not a lot in it. For me what it finally came down to was the odometer readings and potential for resale. I also have a BMW K1200S, I don’t need 3 bikes !
The GTR has 75,000 kms, the FJR just over 32,000 KMs. Purely on that factor I have decided to let the FJR go.
It has had no expense spared, just serviced, new tyres, literally brand new front EBC brake pads today. Throttle Body Synch completed and spares ready for next service (that I picked up in Australia) recently :
Fuel Pump Seal
Original Kilometers, Very Good Condition
Shaft drive means less maintenance and expense.
Max power 145 bhp
Max torque 96 ft-lb
Top speed 270 KPH
Extras include :
EBC Double H Sintered Brake Pads front and rear
OEM Rear rack, Givi Adapter plate
Custom Sheepskin Seat Covers
As new Bridgstone Battlax T32 GT Tyres
It’s ready to ride, green book and registered in my name.
Rego and Ins Dec 2022
?? Is This Bike For You ??
• If you have never ridden a BIG BIKE (over 500cc)
• If you are worried about the cost of parts and maintenance of a Premium model
• If you want to ride in the city
• Repeat If you have never ridden a BIG BIKE
• If you want the ultimate in motorcycle touring capability
• If you want a motorcycle that corners like it is on rails
• If you want to go from 0 – OMG in 100 metre
No Licence, No RIDE
- Make: YAMAHA
- Year: 2012
- Body Type: Sportbike
- Color: Silver
- Condition: Excellent
- Mileage: 32000
- Engine Size (cc):
This Week Top Ads
- Yamaha Dragstar 400cc (10212 views)
- Condo At Bottom Price In Pattaya (6379 views)
- 2001 Yamaha XJR1300SP (5638 views)
- Honda CBR400R (5307 views)
- Thai Language, ED Visa. No More Visa Runs. (5297 views)
- Affordable Family 3BR Detached House In Ladprao (5275 views)
- 2 Electro Scooter 48Volt EVT 800Watt, NRT 1000Watt (5076 views)
- Sausage Stuffer For Sale (4875 views)
- For Sale Or Rent Condominium The Address @ Siam (4724 views)
- High Class Phrom Phong Executive Duplex Office (4671 views)